fitting a separate oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please.I have replaced my existing freestanding oven with hob and I am fitting a separate oven and hob, can I link the wires together using a 32amp connector and then into the 45amp cooker control switch?

Sponsored Links
Not really, but there are other options.

How far apart are the items, and how far is each from the control switch?

And what are the ratings of the hob, and the oven?

the hob is on top of the oven and the control switch is on the wall within 2ft
The oven is 2300 and hob is 6500.
Thanks

I would wire oven to existing circuit and fit new outlet for single oven, if possible on radial.

Sponsored Links
another option:

replace the CCU with a small consumer unit and fit a 32A breaker for the hob and a 10A breaker for the oven

what size and how long is the cable to your cooker control unit?

An unsightly one at the very least, plug, most ccu's are above w/top in full view. Plus, you ma lose a 13A outlet in the process........

securespark said:
I would wire oven to existing circuit and fit new outlet for single oven, if possible on radial.
I assume you meant "I would wire hob to existing circuit....", but why?

The existing circuit was serving a combined hob and oven. I didn't think to ask what size cable it is (doh!), but do you not think that it's probably up to the job of serving a combined hob and oven? Splitting the two doesn't make the total load any greater, a hob is still a hob and an oven is still an oven....

It's going back to this "max load" school of thought. If you want to allow for every circumstance and make sure the cable is rated to the full kW value......etc etc.... If you split the appliances, then you can design things such that there is no circuit o/load on f.l.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back