Fitting a towel radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just done up my bathroom I want to fit a towel radiator. When I started the bathroom I had a plumber disconnect the existing radiator as it was well past it's sell by date. He left the pipework in place for me to fit a towel radiator when I'm ready.

Now I'm ready to fit the radiator I want to put a thermostatic valve on it. Only problem is I don't know if it matters which pipe has the thermostatic valve on it?? Every website I look at regarding fitting a radiator fails to say which pipe should have the thermostatic valve on it. Does it matter??

I assumed it should go on the pipe that feeds the radiator? If it is the feed pipe - how do I determine which 'is' the feed pipe as it's not apparant to me which is which??

Stupid Question???

Any help welcome:)

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
It can be fitted on the flow or return.

Depends if they are dual flow ones. ;) Check instructions.
If not you will need to put it on the flow, best found by switching on heating and feeling which pipe heats up first :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back