Fitting an extractor fan in the bathroom - options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I need to fit an extractor fan in my bathroom, or I htink I do, are they 100% necessary??

There is a gap in the ceiling wheer presumably there used to be one, but this just vents up into the roof space.

Ideally I don't want to have to punch a hole through the wall, so is there a way to have a fan in the ceailing, and then use a bit of piping to take the air across the loft and out through the eaves??

Distance to travel, probably about 9ft, 3 metres or so.

Opinions gratefully received!

Cheers

Dan

Sponsored Links
I have a similar aim, I have an air brick leading intot he bathroom, can I put an extractor fan in this?
Cheers
Edward

There is no reason why you can't put one into an airbrick space. You will need to consider the wiring side of things in order to get a power supply to it ideally to switch the fan on when the light comes on.

Sponsored Links
In reply to your question Danielb, you may be better fitting the fan to the ceiling and then venting it directly out through the roof using a slate vent. You can get various types to suit your roof covering like these

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back