Fitting Boiler to wall - fixings to use etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are just about to have a new Worcester Bosch 40CDi installed, I have already purchased it for the Plumber and it weighs in at 57Kg!

I am just about to prepare the new wall ready for it, it is a Durox insulation wall and I was going to don 'n' dab plasterboard and them apply a 3mm plaser skim.

Is there anything I should be doing to reinforce this before the boiler is fitted or perhaps use additional adhesive on the plasterboard?

Sponsored Links
I would say not but put lots of extra dabs behind where boiler is to be fitted.

Make sure you measure the thickness of the non structural parts, plasterboard etc. and tell the boiler installer in advance so he can bring suitable fixings.

I would usually use something like 100 mm window frame bolts as they expand to the far end.

I would also use about 5 or 6 and drill extra fixing holes in the bracket if necessary so the load is better spread.

Just make sure he understands the need for proper fixing! A 2" no 10 screw will ensure your boiler falls off the wall!

As you bought the boiler yourself the installer will have no obligation to deal with it if it becomes faulty as a result of a boiler fault.

Tony

Get the plaster board as tight to the wall as possible not big dabs of adhesive, Durox i think is much the same as thermalites and not the greatest for fixing too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back