Fitting coving on to tiled walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of redecorating my bathroom, I have retiled the walls and replastered the ceilings. I would like to fit gypsum coving but have never done this before and would like some experienced advice please, i have read that you can secure them up temporaily with nails to allow the adhesive to set but my walls are tiled so i dont think that is a good idea! What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
You could stick panel pins in the grouting,let dry then regrout.

Coving adhesive will do the trick, use the powdered type and mix it to a thick consistency and use plenty of it as the coving is heavy and then use panel pins into the grout lines if that is the only place you can tack it.

BEWARE You must install ventilation especially if you are going to create a lot of steam from a shower, if you are putting coving onto ceramic tiles, otherwise the coving slips after time and I have seen this on numerous occasions.

Usually being asked to tidy it up.... :rolleyes:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback guys,

Beans, when you say ventilation, do you mean motorised extractor or just a vent in the wall (which i already have just above the bath)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back