fitting exterior door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your instructions say 'replace the damp proof course' if damaged. How does one do this, please?

Sponsored Links
NickStone said:
Your instructions say 'replace the damp proof course' if damaged. How does one do this, please?

Who's instructions; which damp proof coarse; is the frame timber or plastic?

NickStone said:
What they mean is when taking out the old frame, sometime the dpc get damaged as most of the door frame do rest on the dpc, if it's damaged then put down some bitumen product over the damaged area then a new strip of dpc on top.

>>>Who's instructions; which damp proof coarse; is the frame timber or plastic?<<

The instructions for replacing a door frame on the DITnot.com site, Richard. The frame is (I think)UPVC.

Sponsored Links
Masona, that sounds good. Bitumen I think I can find in the flat roofing product section of B & Q. But I've no idea where to get the strip of dpc. Are there different brands? Thank you.

Masona's got it, put a new strip of DPC over the top of the damaged one. DPC comes on a roll, it’s like a black dimpled plastic strip around 100mm wide, you can get it at any DIY store or builders merchant; fix it in place over the old one by applying a bead of silicone down each side. You can also use a liquid DPC, just paint on at least 2 coats – “Seal Hyprufe” is one I’ve used on larger floor areas but it’s a bit expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back