Fitting Lino

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening

I am a DIY beginner so please be a patient.
Looking to change the lino in the kitchen and bathroom and wondered how hard the process is.

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

George

Sponsored Links
do it in the garden.

lay new lino on top of old lino and mark round it

cut with sharp utility knife

You do it in the garden as cutting the loge carpet while cutting linio does not go down to well (no, i didnt do it)

and dont turn the lino over buth should be face up or face down (not one of each)

fitting lino is very difficult. even seasoned carpet fitters frown upon, and shy away from fitting the stuff.

you have been warned.

ah, but he said change it, which imply he has one fitted already, hence use it as a template

Sponsored Links
If using as template I would cut over size, then trim when laying. Unlike carpet 1 wrong cut & it will show, Get it laid by a pro worth it.

mine was fine, using method i suggested, but yes do be carefull

breezer said:
do it in the garden.

lay new lino on top of old lino and mark round it

cut with sharp utility knife

You do it in the garden as cutting the loge carpet while cutting linio does not go down to well (no, i didnt do it)

and dont turn the lino over buth should be face up or face down (not one of each)
was you drunk while writing this ? need a little editing i think ;) Any way. are you talking about lino or vinyl? lino cant be bent with out cracking as vinyl is flexible! Either way i advice you to template if diy. But make a template , dont use carpet you took up. If you dont know how to template ask and either i or someone will tell you how.

mattysupra said:
was you drunk while writing this ?

no, despite my user name i dont drink

mattysupra said:
need a little editing i think ;)
I am bad with spelling (at least my grammer is better than yours)

mattysupra said:
But make a template , dont use carpet you took up.

Why make a template when he has one?

I think it must be you that has been on the drink, where did the op say carpet? he didn't, YOU are seeing words that are not there (are you sure its not you that has been drinking? ;))

the op wrote

george0401 said:
Good evening

Looking to change the lino in the kitchen and bathroom and wondered how hard the process is.

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

George

(no matter how many times i read it, i can't see the word carpet (unless i do the following)

george0401 said:
Good evening

Looking to Change the lino in the kitchen and bAthroom and wondeRed how hard the Process is.

DoEs anyone have any Tips?

Thanks

George

you have been busy! I like the bit where you manage to spell carpet. You should be on master mind or something :rolleyes: Miss understood carpet template after reading your bit
Still trying to make sense of it and thought you on about carpet or what ever your on about? No harm done but for other people trying to template you shouldn't use carpet as template.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back