Fixing damaged brick?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

When I had a burglar alarm fitted, the chap drilled through from the inside of the house into the conservatory which caused two small lumps of brick (each about half the size of a mobile phone) to fall away - both from the same brick.

Is there any DIY way to fix these back in behind the PIR rather than having to mix cement?

It's the exterior wall but it's in the conservatory (if that makes sense) so it's not open to the elements.

Thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
i would have thought not really, since you will need some type of adhesive which will increase the thickness of said layer, dollop of cement would be better (apart from the colour)

Please don't laugh - but can you buy cement in a tube to squirt on? I wouldn't have a clue how to mix cement!!!!

simonpearce said:
Is there any DIY way to fix these back in behind the PIR rather than having to mix cement?
If you still got the broken brick, stick back on with Unibond, done it on my brick wall and it's still there after 10yrs! Then repoint the mortar joint if needed.

Sponsored Links
if you dont know then you dont know.(we all have to learn)

no you can't buy it in a tube.

Tube gave me an idea.

you could use silicone, that comes in a tube and its available in several colours i.e brown

never thought of unibond, you may also want to try pollyfilla

What about superglue; I repaired a hanging tile with the stuff after the window fitters broke the end off one. Mine's also outside & exposed to the elements but hasn't fallen off after 18 months so inside in a conservatory shouldn't be a problem; just make sure it's dry when you stick it together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back