Fixing Panel Fence to Breeze Block Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have fitted a 6 foot x 3 foot panel fence to a 3 foot breeze block wall using a Socket with a baseplate which has four holes. I drilled 10mm holes and screwed them down using rawl plugs but the fence has started to move in the wind and some of the screws have worked them selves loose.

How should I fix these properly ?

Thanks in advance !!

Sponsored Links
Longer screws? Have a look at the fischer screws at Screwfix.

You might have to use sealant on top of fence panel to stop the rain entering between the panel and wall? I don't really know what you're doing :)

masona said:
Longer screws? Have a look at the fischer screws at Screwfix.

You might have to use sealant on top of fence panel to stop the rain entering between the panel and wall? I don't really know what you're doing :)

Thanks Masona.

For a better explanation of what I am doing , check out the socket with baseplate at http://www.diydata.com/projects/woodenfence/fence_posts.php

I was thinking that I might need bolts but am not sure how I would get this to stay in

Ahh! so you mean the base plate on top of the wall and not to the side, if so , what the wall thickness?

Sponsored Links
Well, even if you use rawlbolts it will crack the blocks let alone the wind pressure on the fence panels. I don't really have an answer at the moment, the only thing I can think of at the moment is a wide metal plate over the each side of the wall and weld the base socket plate onto it. Is it not possible to knock the wall down and put 6' panels instead?

Another theory I don't know if it's possible is to drill a hole down the centre of the wall using a long thick thread rod and bolt the socket plate onto that(?)

Nuts/Bolts a timber post to the side wall(?)

Ok Masona - thanks for your time.

I have already got the panels and I have erected them so going to 6 foot panels would be expensive at this stage although that might well be the eventual answer.

you can use a chemical fixing for the bolts. better bet would be to use longer posts concreted into the ground against the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back