fixing shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fixing down a 1200x760 cast resin shower tray. It has 5 screw legs. I've put 18mm WBP ply down under the whole tray area onto the existing T&G floorboards, and screwed through into the joists. But, if I stand in one corner of the tray, I still get about 0.5mm deflection- it looks like an edge of a floorboard is slightly proud of the others and is bending. So, to the questions- 1. what can I use between ply and floorboards to spread the load better? (cement/builders sand screed? self levelling compound?) 2. what can I use to stick the adjustable feet to the ply, to stop future side to side movement?
TIA, Brian

Sponsored Links
Have you screwed down every 100mm in a square pattern into the t/g floorboards?
Pete

No, I've not seen that mentioned anywhere I've looked. I have screwed every floorboard to each of the 3 joists under the area, and then screwed the ply on about 300mm centres to the joists & floorboards.

Sponsored Links
Whenever we lay marine ply say for tiling on etc we always screw 100mm squares to ensure a good mating of materials especially as most boards are not level flat.
It may assist you in stopping the deflection, unless the t/g boards pull away too!
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back