FIXING WINDOW BOARDS ONTO DWARF WALL IN CONSERVATORY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, anyone have any ideas as to how to fix window boards(interior) onto conservatory dwarf walls?..i obviously do not want to screw them on..i am assuming the best/correct way is to "glue" them down in some way..if so..what type of glue/fixative would be best? actual brand names would be most welcome..the boards will be 200mm wide & just under 5mtrs in length..many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Gripfill is good, here

I normally use a strip of plywood screw down the top of the wall dead level then Gripfill in between plywood and upvc window boards

Some lads on here are recommending "Stick like s**t" :eek: :!: I haven't use it yet though

we tend to dab a plasterboard along the sill masonry, this method allows you to tap it dead level. you simply then stick the window board to the plasterboard.

dead easy.

worcesterman47

Have you errected your own conservatory ?

This was next on my list of things to do. I have already put base and dwarf wall up ready but will now leave till the winter is over.

Did you find it easy ?

Cheers .
DIY

Sponsored Links
Double-sided heavy duty carpet tape, provided that both surfaces are dust free.

You don't expect upwards pressure on a conservatory shelf.

diyisfree, I've recently erected a conservatory (BVC) and it was simple.

I have used expanding foam on all that i have done.

You have to put some weight on it or you might find a nice ramp when you come back from dinner.

Just use dots of it or it will squeeze out.

Your choice really all of them work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back