Flat(ish) Roof Choices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been quoted for the following:
6m x 4m rear extension roof, 10deg pitch (location S.London).

Prices (incl. labour + materials) quoted so far:

3 Layer High Performance Felt £1,200
Asphalt £2,500
Lead £4,000

1/ How do these look?
2/ What is the difference between 3 Layer High Performance Felt & Asphalt
3/ I am concerned that the felt/ashphalt will make my extension look a little like a garden shed. But lead is v.expensive. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could try a single ply membrane, not too sure about the cost of this but in my opinion its a very good looking roof covering and should last a long time!! Check google etc for suppliers.

Hope this helps

Also an asphalt roof has the advantage of providing a continuous covering for the roof as it has no joins whereas felt has the associated problems that can occur with joins. My personal preference would be either asphalt or single ply although these are more expensive; they will last much longer!

R Critchley

Sponsored Links
Glass fibre :idea: Lead is the longest lasting BY FAR so £per year is the cheapest What`s it look like :?: St. Paul`s dome for one ,in The Smoke ;)

Does anyone have any thoughts on the approprietness / look of an:
Asphalt Shingle Roof

As I understand it, As. Shin. are for pitched only .......may be wrong on this :oops:

Fibreglass would be my choice, If this were a job i was taking on the price would be roughly around £1500 all in which isn't a great deal more than the felt option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back