Flexi Hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe this a silly question...but I need to use a flexi hose for the first time and they don't seem to have a hot water rating on them. Is this because they are obviously rated for hot water? I always thought flexi hoses (like Hep2o) were only good upto a certain temperature?

My water is very very hot but I'd like to use a flexi hose for some plumbing I need to do...but just want to check if I can first!!

Thanks,

Simon.

Sponsored Links
Flexi hoses are intended for use with domestic hot water (typically 60 C), but possibly not for central heating (??? anyone know for sure). No need to worry about it, unless your hot water over 70 C!

Certainly not for heating, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Plastic pipe and Speedfit or Hep tap connectors are fairly easy to use and don't burst like tap flexies can. They frequently burst on the mains because of the constant pressure variation.
Last burst one I came across was on a pumped shower supply. When they came back from holiday they found that the rubber had split enough to bring the pump on. :cry:
Funny, they turn the water off now when they go away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back