Flexible conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just seen some flexible polypropylene conduit on Toolstation (sorry):

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/ConduitandTrunking/d190/sd2743

I was wondering if this stuff could be used as the conduit for conduit wiring using 6491X singles?

In particular I was thinking not just a little bit, but making the majority of an installation run through such conduit.

One idea was to run all the mains cabling inside black conduit, and all the data cabling inside white conduit. Keep the black and the white 100mm apart (or crossing at right angles) and Bob should be one's uncle?

Also, I see that Screwfix (sorry) carries flexible PVC coated galvanised steel conduit:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=30690

I was wondering if this stuff could be used for conduit wiring where mechanical protection is required?

Sponsored Links
i hate working with it,if you have a lot of cables to pull in its a nightmare,pvc conduit is surely a lot cheaper?

ch427 said:
i hate working with it,if you have a lot of cables to pull in its a nightmare,pvc conduit is surely a lot cheaper?

Thank-you for coming back on that one.

Did you mean that flexible conduit is a nightmare, or any conduit?

Flexible conduit is used a lot in France, if you post a Q in Electrics Ex UK you may find someone who likes it.

Sponsored Links
bonebill said:
ch427 said:

Thank-you for coming back on that one.

Did you mean that flexible conduit is a nightmare, or any conduit?

flexible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back