floodlight with pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

ive got an existing non working floodlight on the side of my kitchen where i am planning on installing a new security 500w floodlight (non PIR)...i also have a switch in side the kitchen for it..to switch it on and off...i have now decided i want to install a floodlight with PIR....so i dont really need the switch inside to keep the light on permenantly when im in the garden or do i ?..ta

Sponsored Links
Makes sense to keep the switch, most floodlights allow you to bypass the PIR and switch them on constantly by cycling the power off/on a couple of times. Can't do that without a switch.

With just a PIR the light will go out if you remain still for the time out period of the PIR.

Laying in the grass reading a book at night you will have to wave at the PIR to turn the light on again after a few pages.

Sponsored Links
tim west said:
Tim 77 said:
Crafty said:
What, so I'm the only person on this forum that has never sat in the grass at night reading a book? :eek:

I'm with you Crafty :D
what you don't read gardening books?

I have decking and slabs out the back and a 4 x 4 bit of grass out the front. Gardening ain't my thing Tim!

Tim 77 said:
tim west said:
Tim 77 said:
Crafty said:
What, so I'm the only person on this forum that has never sat in the grass at night reading a book? :eek:

I have decking and slabs out the back and a 4 x 4 bit of grass out the front. Gardening ain't my thing Tim!
How about a woodworking book then ;)

tim west said:
Tim 77 said:
tim west said:
Tim 77 said:
Crafty said:

How about a woodworking book then ;)

Touche ;)

tim west said:
Crafty said:
tim west said:
Crafty said:
bernardgreen said:
Laying in the grass reading a book at night.
:?:
Might be a gardening book
Oh, you do this too, tim? What, so I'm the only person on this forum that has never sat in the grass at night reading a book? :eek:
Not a problem with a gardening book, lots of useful tips.

Asparagus then.

I have read a newspaper on the grass at midnight with out any artifical light and the moon was not in the sky......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back