floored by flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

In process of buying flat, told that the floors need thickening by 6mm, using hardboard, to comply with new health and saefty regulations. Vendor's responsibility but i'm sorting out and so looking for cheapest - and quickest solution.

Totally dim in this area but still need to ask. The current floors are wooden, can I lift all the planks and insert the hardboard underneath, or will I need new flooring completely.

Any tips much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi,

New one on me this but here goes.

People do put hardboard down under carpet but this to prevent uneven wear on the carpet from uneven floorboards. I think it would be worth checking this out further as to why (H & S?), maybe ask your local planning office if it is required!

I wouldn't personally lift all the floor boards to stick down the hardboard, it would be too much work. But I bet you have nice varnished floorboards you want to keep! Only thing you could do is put down some laminate flooring. This would kill two birds with one stone as it is 6mm thick and has a finished surface on it.

Sxhall :)

Strange....

Strength ..Then there would be stipulation to span joistes etc
Fire .. Then there would be a specification
Sound. ..Again Spec required.

H & S Maybe so you can reach light bulds without requiring steps.

:LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back