Flourescent light and difusor problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Ive just installed two new flourescent lights. I put the spark plug/difuser in the side and the light only works when I hold and push the difusor in.

As far as i know also wiring is correct and has also been earthed both ends.

When I turn the switch on nothing happens. However with the switch on and then if I go up to the light and fiddle with the difusor it lights up orange and the tube light comes on.

I could twist it and tape it in, but was wondering what the reason for it could be?

Have I just got two faulty lights? Im pretty sure the difusor is installed correctly. It doesnt really clip in properly, but its in there.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
It doesnt really clip in properly, but its in there
You haven't got them fully engaged as is proven by the tube firing when you press down on them. Normally you push down and twist, once in they will not come out by merely pulling, but only by pushing down again and twisting the opposite way to when you installed them.

cheers m8, off to give it a wirl ;)

++++++++++++++++++++++

yup thats it. Had to remove the panel to clip it in properly.

Cheers. All working now.

Sponsored Links
hi ive fitted a new one but it seems to make a higher buzzing noise than normal any reason for that ........thanks P M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back