Flush Veneered Interior Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was wondering if anybody could advise me. We recently purchased some Afican Maple flush veneered doors to replace some damaged ones. When we had them delivered they were a completely different colour than our originals. We were then told that it is just the way it happens. To be honest they look like they are from a completely different tree. We can't get our money back so i am wondering if you are able to sand down these type of doors and re varnish them?

Sponsored Links
Ha, ha, very funny. I did mean a different type of tree (like a beech), obviously I didn't think the tree that was used to make the doors for my flat about seven years ago was still hanging around waiting for me to damage a door and order a replacement! Although, this would have been very handy :) So do you have any advice?

Sponsored Links
We have 4 doors plus 2 half doors for extrance to the living room. We have two new doors so based on the above 4 old.

Ah, I was thinking you might be as well buying new doors to replace the old ones, but if you've got 4 then it'd be a bit pricey.

Have you considered white paint? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back