Ford Fiesta service/warrenty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ;) I have a Ford Fiesta Style 05 which is coming up for its service. This is the first service for me as new owner as I only brought the car in January. Am I right in thinking that I don't have to take it to a Ford dealer even thou it is still under warranty as long as I take it to a reputable garage and that they have to use genuine Ford spares? I think I remember reading it somewhere but am not sure. Can anyone throw any light on this please.........cheers

Sponsored Links
ford warranty used to only be for a year from the factory. years 2 and 3 were dealer offered warranty. every car got them, no choice by the dealer. anyhow, one of the terms of this extended warranty was that the car had to be serviced only by a ford main dealer to keep the warranty going. no service, warranty invalidated as you have breached the terms.

as i say this is how it used to be when i was warranty manager at a local main dealer about 3 ish years ago.

Hi davieboy ;) Thanks for that chap. So what you are saying is if I brought a new car from Ford it would come with 1years warranty with the option of extended warranty for a further two years provided it was serviced by Ford? I may as well just have it serviced at my local garage at regular intervals using what ever parts they use in that case.

I brought a car from Carcraft and they tried to sell me their own warranty which was quite pricey, when I read the small print it said that I had to have the car serviced in accordance with the manufacturers schedule. Which meant all the parts would have been replaced long before they became badly worn. What a rip off. Thanks again matey....

Sponsored Links
I see this thread isn't new but my experience may be of use to others.

I had an 03 Focus with a water pump bearing failure during the second year of warranty. I had the supplying dealer fix it only for him to ask me for £300 saying it wasn't under warranty as I'd had an independent garage do the servicing. I told him that the handbook specified regular servicing as per schedule and NOTHING about only using a main dealer. Presented with this info, they backed down. Stick to your guns and don't let them wriggle out of it. Read the servicing conditions in your handbook and you'll be armed with the facts.

My gf was told the same by her dealer when the ABS light came on. I may have to have a chat with the dealer.
Regards,

P.

Back