Ford Sierra Stress Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i hope someone can help me out , i've got a 1988 ford sierra 1.8 carb which for six months of the year works great but during the summer months when the ambient temperature increases it starts misfiring under load , its driving me round the bend ..................(insert your own joke here :LOL: )
Any ideas ??

Thanks H P D

Sponsored Links
stick it in the fridge and use it as a jelly mould hence the fridge temp should keep it working properly :D :D :cool:

Difficult without seeing it - a service might help, otherwise check cooling system, choke system, waxstat air intake temp system, main jets, ignition timing,crankcase breather, etc... for starters. Is the guage reading hot when prob. occurs? Check fan belt for correct tension, radiator for clear fins, thermostat. Sorry to go on, but this could be anything.

I would check the mixture it sounds to weak. I suspect in cold weather the choke may be on a bit which will richen the mixture, the car would then seem OK. As you say in summer this wouldn't happen. You need to check choke operation and the mixture, as a starting point.

Sponsored Links
:eek:
Thanks for the replies , the temperature gauge shows normal range so no clues there , i think maybe your right i might have to give up and go to a garage :(

Cheers

HPD

Back