framing a new door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'m new to this so I need to know if i\\\'m going to install a 36\\\" wide door when iI frame the wall how wide and how tall do I frame for the door, is there a standared width & height ( for a 32\\\" or 36\\\" etc )thanks for any help you can give me. JLS48 :confused:

Sponsored Links
All depend on the thickness of the door frame as long as the internal measurement is the same as the door external size.

[when framing for a 36'' door, example the opening should be 2''wider than the opening (38'') the height can vary though. 82 1/2 is standard but can be no less than 82'' this applies to a wood opening. if you have a block opening you will have to allow for 3/4 blocking on both sides of the door thus putting youre opening to 4'' wider than the door. header height is the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back