Freestanding kitchen/beech worktop HELP !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me.
My wife and I bought some freestanding units from Habitat along with a beech worktop in the sale.
We have had very bad experiences from carpenters, and have been let down so many times that we've now gone months without a worktop.
We have now decided, along with my Dad, to try and install them ourselves.
I've put all the units together, but I have no idea how to secure the worktop to the wall. Should I secure the worktop, or do I secure the units to the wall, then put the worktop onto the units and secure it that way ?
Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Griff

Sponsored Links
davegriff2004 said:
secure the units to the wall, then put the worktop onto the units and secure it that way ?
Yes but for extra strength put in approx 2"x1" at the back to give support to the worktop in between base units(do this first before worktop)
See this to help you further.What area are you from ? If you're near me I properly can help.

Its easy to fit a kitchen! Once you figure out one unit the rest is history!! I fitted my kitchen and Im a mere woman!! :LOL: The cupboards can be fixed to the wall (Mine came with rightangled brackets for the base units)and the worktop can be attached to the cupboards with small right angled brackets. (Did they come with attachments or instructions?) Good luck!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back