FULLY MODULATING COMBINATION BOILER ?

D

DAJ

Can anyone tell me what a fully modulating combination boiler is. I have bought an expensive (£329) thermostatic shower valve which requires said boiler. I have a Jaguar 28 ! Have I just wasted £329 ? Thanks, Den

Sponsored Links
DAJ said:
Can anyone tell me what a fully modulating combination boiler is. I have bought an expensive (£329) thermostatic shower valve which requires said boiler. I have a Jaguar 28 ! Have I just wasted £329 ? Thanks, Den

it means that the gas valve modulates to demand

Sponsored Links
I do not pretend to be an expert. This is a forum for giving advice based on experience. It is not an advertiseing platform for CORGI rip-off merchants who overcharge whenever possible. Oh and please don't call me names unless you wish to arrange a meet (Corgis are very small dogs with no legs if you get my point !).

gasgeezer said:
This **** just advised a novice to take a gas valve apart :rolleyes:

As they say;

Ignorance is curable, but Stupidity is a permanent condition.

THANK YOU CORGIMAN, I AM VERY GRATEFUL. YOU'VE RESTORED MY FAITH IN PLUMBERS, CHEERS MATE. Please note all others, this is what a forum is for.

What a shame CORGIMAN ! Back to square one, all the same, oh well !

So you think it is okay to advise a diyer to take a gas valve apart if that is the general concencious ,i personally do not .As for the name calling fair enough i apologise. As you said you are no expert and i do not rip people off nuff said

So you think it is okay to advise a diyer to take a gas valve apart if that is the general concencious ,i personally do not .As for the name calling fair enough i apologise. As you said you are no expert and i do not rip people off nuff said

DAJ said:
THANK YOU CORGIMAN, I AM VERY GRATEFUL. YOU'VE RESTORED MY FAITH IN PLUMBERS, CHEERS MATE. Please note all others, this is what a forum is for.

You are correct again DAJ.

A forum is for giving advice, hopefully expert advice that wont kill them or their family.

I have shared my experience with a fellow novice. I have not lied, I am an electronics engineer not a plumber. His decision to listen to me may be affected by this but I have repaired, sucessfully, something I was quoted £398 plus VAT for (3 years ago) without cost at all. Don't insult the guys intelligence, I have told him how I cured a problem without any cost at all. He is not stupid, that's why his asking how to do it rather than call someone. He is obviously aware of the dangers and HE will decide what HE doe's based on what I and others have said. There is no need for name calling or damning anyone who dares not be a CORGI. I accept your appology but not your comments.

gasgeezer said:

sorry i am lost how did anyone tell this poster to dismantle a gas valve??

I think the OP asked a reasonable question (is the shower i brought compatable with my boiler)

and BOB replied as to what modulation is, where the hell did dismantling a gas valve come from geezer?

WHOA just read your post on the jaguar post DAJ, you muppet how the hell can you know what anybody's level of competency is by their posts????

the small legged dog people do not gain any kind of monetary gain on this here site but (for the most part) try to give SAFE advise to people, people whose level of knowledge and skill is an unknown quantity and must be treated as complete novices

your advice was foolhardy at best and downright irresponsible at its worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back