Gap Between Bath and Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Unfortunately the plumber who fitted my new bath has left a gap that is slightly too wide to be filled by sealant. To make matters worse, the grout between the tiles nearest the bath has started to go off-white and the tiles can be moved when pushed with my finger.

Rather than get the tradesman back again (I have lost all confidence in them) I am interested to know if there is any way I can attempt to fill this gap? The tiles have been fixed onto the original tiles so if I take both sets of tiles off the gap is going to get bigger.

Is the best thing to do to remove both sets of tiles and start from scratch (and make sure the walls are in a decent condition to start with? If so should I get the wall plastered, or could I screw a thin sheet marine ply onto the walls and tile on to this, ensuring that the bath is sealed onto the ply with proper silicone before I even start tiling?

Any help greatly appreciated as I am really fed up with my bathroom that should be all shiny and new.

Thanks very much.

James

Sponsored Links
the bath should be screwed to the wall with L shape brackets (facing above the bath) then the tiles should go over the brackets. so remove all tiles then fit the brackets then re-tile then sealant,, job done,, no gap,

PS its not worth having a cowboy do it cheap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back