Gap between skirting & floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just recently fitted some t&g floorboards & new skirting in my living room. However there are some gaps between the boards & skirting. Is there anyway I can reduce this without using quadrant??

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Self coloured caulk would do the job. You can get a pine(ish) colour and it's flexible which it would have to be. Once cured you can paint or varnish it as you would the skirting.

Didn't really want to fill the gap, would there be any way of forcing the skirting down onto the floor :?:

Well you said you have fixed the skirting already. If you are prepared to remove and try again rest a plank on top of the skirting where it is high and then get someone to stand on the plank (as if they were walking up the plank to the wall) to lever it down. When the skirting is in position then fix to the wall.

If you were to use caulk (and I dont think it would look very nice) the varnish and/or stain would be hard pressed to stay attached to the flexible surface and the colour would be off.

HTH

EC

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back