garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an up and over style garage door, one of the wires has snapped so i am going to replace both of them. Could somebody please tell me how to tension the spring?

Sponsored Links
Has the spring sprung ? If not there should be a small hole that you can put a metal dowel in to stop it going when you cut the other wire . I had this problem when i salveged a roller shutter for my workshop . Like a true pro i wound a rope around the roller about 20 times , tied the end to the back of the van and drove off :cool: The van was getting dragged back as i was trying to insert the pin :LOL: Ok an up and over is a little lighter but you get the idea .

Yes the spring has sprung and i see the hole that you refer to, so the idea is to tension the spring before you put the new wire on ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back