Gas Bayonet Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My mum intends to replace her gas/electric combi cooker with an all electric model. The gas is connected via a self sealing bayonet connector. I'm unsure if we need to get the connector capped off if it is left disconnected. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks Keith

Sponsored Links
Ignore hav it .. You don`t need to have it permanently capped as per Corgi but if you do it`s a 1/2" iron plug. If it is a free standing cooker

ignore namskull. wot if a child push a pen up it ,u would have a large gas leak.get it capped 1/2"

Sponsored Links
IOR . try finding out what the regs are before making ill informed comments. AND how are you going to seal a 1/2" female thread with a cap.

kevplumb said:
approx 1/2 a tin :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Altogether now!!!

"buy it or nick it from woolies and makes sure you rub it well in"

:)

lets see if anyone knows the next line ;)

Corgi regs say that a bayonet fitting is adequate as a cap/seal, you dont have to get it capped but it would be better to do so, as, like said before, a child could push a pen in it, but i cant see them getting behind a cooker :p

wot if a child push a pen up it ,u would have a large gas leak
Iit took me 15mins to connect my first cooker hose to a bayonet fitting because i didnt realise how hard you had to push it to engage the slots!!!

but you will now tell me they loosen up (the bayonet) over time and indeed a child is stronger than me :LOL:

Thanks all but I'm not much clearer on the subject. Am I right in thinking the regulations don't require it to be capped? The socket is completely inaccessible to any kids with pens unless they were able to hold a cooker in one hand while poking with the other :D

Keith

450dzr_1.jpg

with one of these ;)

Virtually all the cookers I go to are supplied with 15 mm copper tube and would need a 15 mm compression stop end.

Not clever enough for a picture but I am sure others will advise.

Tony
651_28.jpg

MOD 2
just for you tony

Leave it, if you do plug it you will have to put a test on the gas or get a corgi to do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back