Gas hob ignition and extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a kitchen is it okay to connect the extractor fan and the gas hob ignition to the same switched FCU (3A fuse) adjacent to the cooker? The extractor fan has a load of 300w and the ignition for the gas is 0.6w.

The reason is that the original FCU for the extractor fan has been covered over by the super high 900 cupboards which I had not anticipated when I fixed the boxes and cable routes. (All the wiring was done and checked by a qualified electrician before we bought the kitchen and all did was the messy bits)

Cheers

Antony

Sponsored Links
it should be ok, just make sure all concealed cables run in safe zones (horizontal or vertical from obvious electrical accessories). Maximum 3 amp fuse. Ideally the FCU should be labelled "gas ign and fan" but i appreciate this looks silly in a nice new domestic kitchen :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back