GC1 terminal?

M

Marcus100

Hi, can anyone advise me on a terminal for my inset living flame effect gas fire that I'm due to get fitted next week.I have a chimney with a 200mm concrete liner going up through it.The fireplace used to have a backboiler and flueliner in it, which has now been removed.
I had a corgi gas fitter around today to give me a price to undertake the job and he suggested getting the chimney swept and fitting a 125mm gc1 terminal on top of the chimney.
Just concerned that if you have a 200mm concrete fluepipe up the chimney and then fit a 125mm terminal on top that it would cause a build up of fumes.

Sponsored Links
If the flue is larger than 170mm I am not sure it needs one but you might want to put a bird guard on it.
Will have to have a look in the bible :)

pannierstan said:
If the flue is larger than 170mm I am not sure it needs one but you might want to put a bird guard on it.
Will have to have a look in the bible :)

Thanks for replying, so I take it it is illegal to fit this type of terminal on this type of chimney to use with this type of fire :?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying, so I take it it is illegal to fit this type of terminal on this type of chimney to use with this type of fire[/quote]
No if you want a GC terminal you will need one that does not restrict the original diameter but I am unsure if you can get a 200mm GC1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back