Geberit WC frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This is my first post to this forum with a rather odd question - apologies. I've done a search of the forum but can't find anyone else who has asked this question before - perhaps for good reason.

I have been searching for a Geberit WC frame to allow me to fit a wall hung toilet - most UK retailers seem to be selling them for around £250.

A quick check on ebay throws up a lot of these systems all based from German buyers and ranging from £60 to £120 new - postage is around £25 so its a huge saving over the UK price.

I was wondering if anyone had had any experience purchasing plumbing supplies from Germany and if they were to use the same pipe sizes as in the UK. So far I believe the waste outlet and cistern outlet are the same size as the UK but I think the water input in to the cistern is a 1/2" fitting. I am unsure if a 15mm to 1/2" reducer will work (if i can source some 1/2" copper pipe) or if Geberit UK sell spare parts to allow me to purchase the UK standard cistern fitment and just increase the hole in the cistern to accommodate the slightly larger input.

Any advice would be great - even if its telling me to avoid this purchase at all costs.

Thanks, Chris.

Sponsored Links
Can't say 4 sure but when they quote 1/2" they sually mean an internal thread so u should be able to connect to it .There is'nt normally a problem with the soil either bacause that normally only pass,s through the frame rather than connecting to it. old english 1/2" pipe is almost the same as 15mm copper & will connect with compression or cappilary fittings if well cleaned. If u like a gamble go 4 it. Most imported plumbing has inflated prices because we can't make it as cheap & as fast.

1/2" or 15mm connections will be identical, but the 100mm soil outlet will not marry up to our 110mm soil pipes without an adaptor. I think those sold in the UK have an adaptor included, but the German ones won't.

You might be able to improvise an adaptor using a piece of 110mm pipe since the ID is near to 100mm, the soil spigot might slide neatly inside, but the problem will be making an air tight seal - silicon should work.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both very much for the speedy response, I can't believe how quick that was. I think I am going to risk it and make a purchase.

Thanks for your help - and happy new year.

Thanks, Chris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back