Getting new Sofa! How do I remove UPVC door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to take gelivery of a new sofa which will require me to remove the front door to allow it through.

The door has 3 hinges which are white metal and have 2 screws in each (top and bottom) that are allen key type. There is also what appears to be an allen key grub screw that is screwed into the side of the hinge.

Can the door simply be removed by lifting it up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i would presume that you need to loosen the grub screws, then lift the door leaf off or knock out the hinge pins, depending on exactly what type of hinges they are.

Hi,

Thanks from for the response.

I have done some digging on the net and have come accross a manual for insatlling a double galzed door with very similar hinges to my own see:

http://www.cestrum.com/manuals/TTv2.pdf

Check out pages 63 - 66 of the instruction manual.

From this I assume to remove the door would simply be a case of lifting the door off the spindle?

Any thoughts?

yeah looks like they should just lift off, the allen key screws are there for adjustment so shouldnt need to touch them unless the door is out of sqaure.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply,

Anyone with a similar door tried to just lift it off?

Any help guys would be appreciated - before I lift the door by brute force!!! in possible error

have a look and see if the oblong bit on the door unclips and reveals any screws and adjustment mechanism :?: :?: :?:

Hi, The oblong section has a hole in the end (as in the diagram) which allows the door to be adjusted along the horizontal plane. Also if you open the door and look at the hinge from the outside there is a screw which may allow the "oblong" section to be removed.

I would have thought though that the door would have come with the hinges atached and would thing that they would hang the door by screwing these on?

Anyone had experience of a similar door?

you may possibly find some screws behind the oblong that would allow the removal off the door

These are flag hinges and yes they lift straight off but try and make sure you put it back on in the same place, i.e. at 90 degrees because the pins are concentric.

Nothing needs to be undone, you may need a piece of wood as a lever to get them moving on the pins.

Hi again,

Tried lifting the door off its hinges and the door moves up about an inch but then stops. I didn't want to force it off - is there any thing I need to adjust before lifting off?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Sussed it, I never opened the door fully (ie at 90 degrees) as you said. Once I did this it lifted off okay.

Thanks for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back