getting on broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya there everyone

I want to know whats the cheapest way to get my dad on broadband.

basically, this is how it is - he has been given a computer, and has used it a bit but its plain for him to see that theres not much going on without Net access.

He gave up his BT landline some years ago, mainly due to lack of use and the fact that his phone use mainly consisted if his mobile, although the line is still in and [probably] just requires reconnection.

He doesnt require to use a landline phone

He doesnt require any extra TV channels [cable broadband?]

So whats the best way to go about getting him online, and the cheapest?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if it's a laptop with WiFi he could go find a free access point ;)

I think PlusNet are the cheapest atm, you realise he'll need to pay for his BT line rental aswell?

Sponsored Links
He has a PC not laptop, I dont know if theres any wireless connection in that area, its not in a city or town so I doubt there would be.

So, its definate that the line has to be reconnected then? If thats the case would he be better getting a package from BT with broadband?

If he is a cabled area just get cable broadband around a tenner No need to have the phone

dont work like that, you can only have whoever have installed the "cables" in your area

broadband £10/ month great!

er no, read the small print, £10/mth for 12 mths then it goes to £18/mth

breezer said:
dont work like that, you can only have whoever have installed the "cables" in your area

how do I find that out?

I am assuming that it will be Virgin Media now. I think when the cable was put in [quite a few years ago now, thinking about it!!] it was a company called 'Nynex', which became "Cable and Wireless" and then "NTL World" which is now Virgin media!! [I think!!]

Sponsored Links
Back