Glass brick tiles scratched!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just employed the skills of a professional tiler to tile my hearth in glass bricket tiles, they are on a sheets 300 x 300. Now he has fitted them and will be coming back today or tomorrow to grout them.

Now heres the thing. He cut them face down on the cement hearth and has made loads of scratches on the face of the glass. I am really ****ed off. WHat do I do? I havent paid him yet, will he carry anything to get the scratches out?

What should I do?

Please help

:cry:

Sponsored Links
I saw a paste recently to remove scratches from glass..

Im sorry but I cant remember where...have a search on google...it is out there somewhere.

If they are held together with a paper sheet on the front it is easy enough to cut them from the front through the paper, if they have a mesh back then they would have needed cutting from the front anyway.

What did he use to cut then as you say he did it directly on the hearth, they can be cut with a standard manual cutter or with an electric cutter, hope he didn't try doing it with a normal glass cutter.

There is little that will get the scratches out, if it were just one or two and they had been fixed for some time I would say try a windscreen repair company. But as they are not grouted get him to remove them and refit with new at his expence, hope he used adhesive suitable for glass.

If He says I don't know what I'm talking about here are a couple of glass tile jobs I've done

glass & tumbled marble not everyones cup of tea :!:

Over £2000 worth of irridescent glass mosaic

Jason

Jason..have you ever done the mosaic type of tiling..where you smash the tiles up and then fix em to the wall...someimes forming a design?

I was going to do it in te bathroom but the sharp edges and the thought of re grouting put me off

Nice work btw

Sponsored Links
Not tried it myself but should be OK if you knock the sharpness off the broken edges with a diamond or carborundum stone.

Jason

my 1st thing is before everything IS ..
Concho
AS you said a Pro tiler ....hmm
an have been shown last works /photos .....

*He cut them face down on the cement hearth*

did he use a dremel ..lol ..*shudder*

jase

tasty good Tile pics
who did your plumbing ..? wants shooting for the 1st planning ..lol

Ist pic was just a retile

Second open plan one was all done by me including all joinery, bed etc, except electrics (part P)

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back