gloss on satinwood

Sponsored Links
On to eggshell yes...satinwood, id say no personally., it isnt that much less of a sheen than normal gloss.

alarman said:
Hi can anyone tell me is it ok to paint gloss straight onto satinwood
so does that mean i have to undercoat first only ive got to paint walls and woodwork and be done in the same day help! :oops:

Are you saying the walls were done in oil base satin wood before?....and now you want to gloss them?

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
Are you saying the walls were done in oil base satin wood before?....and now you want to gloss them?
its the woodwork that is done in satinwood (could be eggshell not sure). ive got permaglaze gloss to go on top just wondered if i could get away without undercoating

If its the woodwork then you may be able to get away with giving it a light sanding all over to produce a key and then gloss it...you can tell the difference, satin tends to be shinier than eggshell.

Zampa said:
If its the woodwork then you may be able to get away with giving it a light sanding all over to produce a key and then gloss it...you can tell the difference, satin tends to be shinier than eggshell.
thanks mate for the sound advice. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back