1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Glow worm boiler - noisy

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by bob_b, 18 Apr 2006.

This topic originated from the How to page called Problems associated with noises from the central heating system.

1. bob_b

bob_b

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My system is About 10 years old. I drained the CH system about a year ago. To fix a leaking radiator valve. Upon refilling the system, eliminating all air from the system I switched it back on. Initially the system worked fine. But after about 2 hours there was a noise coming from the boiler. I can only describe the sound as if water is dribbling into the boiler. The pump is noisy again with the sound of water gurgling through it. All the radiators and the Hot water tank heat up okay. I have tried to ‘flush’ out the system, re-drained and filled the system. I have added Furnox treatment that I was told would remove air from the system. Have even fitted a de-aerator to the vent pipe, all to no avail. Any one got any ideas?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. bogstandard

bogstandard

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    you will have to say what sort of system you have!

4. bob_b

bob_b

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a fully pumped un-pressurised system with 12 radiators. The pump is Grundfos Super selection, and the Glow Worm Boiler is an Ultimate model. The diverter valve is a Lifestyle mid position valve.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local