Glow Worm Fuel Saver 55F Case needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help me locate a case for a Glow Worm Fuel Saver 55F.
(Its Glow Worm part no 417173 and is used on FS35 and FS 45 as well)

Either a new one or 2nd hand one in good condition.

Glow worm haven't got any and the suppliers I found on the internet I have tried so far haven't either.

The boiler heat exchanger union had a small water leak years ago, and the resulting rust patch on the floor the case has just corroded through creating an 6 mm hole.

The boiler is serviced by British Gas under the 3 star contract. During the annual inspection this week, they spotted the hole. After two phone calls, the engineer concluded the case was obsolete and unobtainable and told me to get a new boiler. He capped the gas supply and put a "immediate danger" notice on it.

I asked what if I could get hold of a case. They said if I did, they would be happy to come back and fit it. In the meantime, its Christmas with electric convector heaters.

Sponsored Links
Bow locks to that.

Any reasonably awake heating engineer would be able to assess the defect and possibly repair it using appropriate materials. For example high temperature silicone or flue cement might effect a seal if adequately supported for example by steel or aluminium fixed to the case by mechanical means. This would of course be TESTED by the engineer and only accepted if all operating requirements were met.
The engineer may require to reinspect and review after a short while.
He may also decide the part is beyond repair.

You need a boiler breaker. I know of one - where are you? Heating fixers in your area will know one I daresay.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to kevplumb and ChrisR for your speedy replies.

Have emailed HRPC to confirm if they have any stock. ( I got my hopes high when I saw the part listed at MJT Controls, only find they would try to order from Glow Worm - and I know they have no stock nor intention to restock).

If this draws a blank will try a breaker, ChrisR - I am in Kingston upon Thames/Sutton area (15 miles SW of London) do you know of a breaker.

If any installers south of London (within 25 miles) are replacing any of GLOW WORM FUELSAVER,ECONOMY,30,35,40,45,50,55,F and the case is in good nick, would happy to buy it and collect

Blimey Shortmac you're lucky, these guys are in Merton. You'll probably have to take the old one in, they always say there were 2 models.

Come on Kev I don't need to make ££ out of the underprivileged, he's got a GW.

Besides by the time you read this I'll be relaxing on hot sand in a far off place.

Byeeeeee:cool:

Thanks for the Serge contact, unfortunately he had non in stock

Does any one know other any other breakers?

Happy New Year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back