Glow Worm Spacesaver mk2 - Hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been in my house 12 months, I have a fairly old boiler which I am planning on upgrading. I have got no central heating at all. When I switch the heating on it fails to fire the boiler - however it fires up ok when I switch the hot water on.
Does anybody know if this could be a pump problem or alterantive? And how much it is likely to cost to fix?

Sponsored Links
there is a posibility that your room stat is faulty. i base this on the fact your boiler works but the stat may be saying "no its lovely and warm thanks"

it could also be your pump (not too sure about that, but it is a good contender, does it vibrate, even slightly?)

so u have a room stat anywhere in the house ??? this could be the cause.. to test it tuen electrics off open up room stat and there should be 4 wires . 1 earth 1 live 1 neutral and 1 switched live you will need to find out which is ur live and switched live and join these together then turn ur electric back on set ur programmer to CH on and see if the boiler now works and u get CH.. if you do then it is your Stat you can pick these up for around £15.
Another possibilty is your programmer could be faulty, but check for your stat 1t (the cheaper option)
When you put on CH is any radiator getting warm upstairs at all after a while? and are the downstairs cold?? this would point to the pump. but if all are staying cold then i would say that u could rule out the pump

Sponsored Links
All indications on here sound like it is the stat (fingers crossed). None of the rads feel like they are even trying to heat up.

I am going to try out the stat.

I think its the diverter valve as room stat rarely fail and a three port valve does not need to energise to turn the pump and boiler on but needs to for central heating

probably the syncron motor

look for a valve probably just on a bit from the pump, find a lever if it dont move when you trun the ch on then change the motor they cost about a tenner

Got a corgi reg. guy coming round to have a look. I'll let you know the diagnosis.

My heating is now working. A corgi guy was due to come around on Wednesday but when I got up on Wednesday morning the heating was on!!

i had exact same problem, but mine CH will no longer work after a week...be aware !..the sycin valve may need replacing after all

s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back