Glow worm Swift Flow 80e losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a swift flo 80e Combi Boiler which was recently serviced by BG. During the service they stated the expansion tank need re pressurising. The engineer drained the boiler - re pressurised the expansion tank and re filled the boiler and gave my boiler a clean bill of health. However, since they left (day after) my boiler has been losing pressure, albeit very slowly, resulting in me topping it up every couple of days due to the pressure falling to 0.5 bar. Apparently the pressure should be a minimum of 0.7bar. When I top it up I pressurise it to 1.0bar. I can and will get BG back in but why does this now happen? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I`v hads a swifty that was leaking from a union inside the combustion chamber, was a very small drip etc but which evaporated from the heat inside chamber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back