Glowworm Economy Plus 50b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a call out for one of these the other day, pilot wouldnt stay a light

Customer said he had had 3 thermocouples replaced in the last 8 months.

Upon inspection, its clear that it isnt the t/c that is the problem, but the pilot isnt big enough to go onto the t/c

I have tried looking for a pilot pressure adjuster on the gas valve, but as it is near enough touching the floor underneath the sink, I found it difficult.

Is there an adjuster for the pilot on the gas valve? If not, could it be blocked injectors? The pilot does light, but not very big

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Of course it could be a dirty pilot jet - a standard service item.
If it's a green button gas valve the pilot adjuster is the one with the arrow!

I hate them..they all do this.

1)Blocked pilot jet..dismantle and clean. I use hot water and washing up liquid followed by dust air.
2) overheat interrupter at gas valve end of thermocouple is also prone to failure and causing pilot to go out. replace thermistor on right hand side of boiler attached to pipe with two black wires..bit fiddly to rethread new one in back down to gas valve /thermocouple.

Not really DIY In my humble opinion

I had three in one street do this in one week in November. What a pain, but I was getting quite good at it by the end of the week.

Alfredo

Ok ill clean out the pilot injector and see what happens

Also, to get to the pilot adjuster, do I have to remove the black box on the front of the gas valve?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back