Glowworm swiftflow 100 pressure dropping...can anyone help..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My hot water and radiators, (I'll bleed them every now and then) are fine. Shower works fine. Washing machine is ok. The boiler should sit at around .7 bar apparently. What happens after around a week is that the pressure drops and the warning light comes on. Nothing heats up after that. I turn a valve, (maybe not the thing to do) and the pressure, (on the gauge) comes back up and the heating works fine. Water pressure at the taps shower washing machine is always fine. This happens weekly.

Last night i was rudely awaked by a loud banging noise. On inspection the pressure had risen to 3.5 bar. I had to run the bath taps, (hot and cold) and the symtoms subsided although the presurre remained at around 2.5 bar. I switched it off and left the cold tap running during the night just in case it shot back up.

Anyone have any ideas as to what would be required to fix this. I'd like to have a heads up before calling a plumber.

Cheers,

Johnny

Sponsored Links
This valve that you turn, do you turn it off when pressure has reached 0.7 bar.
If you leave it on water will keep entering your system and cause the PRV to operate.
Leaving a cold tap running all night will not help you at all :eek:

Yes I turn the valve off again when it has reached 0.7 bar. But a week or so later I have to do the same again.

Thanks,

Johnny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back