Going Rate for job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the going rate for replacing a standard syphon in a low level toilet? My pal has just been charged 40 Quid. Is this a good deal? He lives in the merseyside area.

Sponsored Links
Just humour me - how much do you think it "should" be?

Sponsored Links
a song springs to mind chirpy chirpy cheap cheap

I paid £600.00 last time.

I live in the Outer Hebrides, the plumber has to come from the mainland by boat which runs once a week, weather permitting. Because of the tides he will miss his return boat because the job will take over and hour will and have to stay in the local b&b, which is a four star establishment. He has included this in the price which I thought was very kind of him. I did expect it to be cheaper though, because I'm such a tight git.

I posted a question on how much on a diy forum much like this one and lots of people replied and said around £40-£60.

Shows how wrong they were. Next time I will stick to asking my local plumber :evil:

nstreet said:
I posted a question on how much on a diy forum much like this one and lots of people replied and said around £40-£60.

Shows how wrong they were. Next time I will stick to asking my local plumber :evil:

that is why item 9 exists

nstreet said:

£40-£60 for a local plumber sounds fair enough to me but of course if the plumber has to travel then this will be reflected in the price.
Have car will travel, if the price is right. :LOL:
It is not the plumbers fault if you choose to live out of his area....... ;)

The guy has to look at the job, get the part, go back, do it (hoping he doesn't have a leak from the pan entry), and travel to and from home or base. With the part costing a tenner you expect someone to be able to run a business AND pay himself doing that for £30? Retired handyman maybe but not a professional plumber.

ollski said:
http://www.midkentwater.co.uk/services/household/setprice/toilet.htm

I thought that was a hoax at first, but its not! I need to review my prices and refer to that website!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back