Good quality hot water cylinders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After going through the DHW supply options, I've decided it's best to replace our old grade 4 hot water cylinder with an indirect fast recovery cylinder.

There seem to be 2 clear divisions in cylinders, basic BSI models which are all very similar and a vast range of enhanced versions which vary a lot, but mostly are a bit short of useful info to compare products.

I assume stainless models with the MegaLife are more effiecient, but at that price realistically out of my price range.
I'm interested in better insulation and a seperate shower feed if that option exists, but it has to pay for itself - extra insulation isn't worth £200 etc..

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Plumb Center Center Cyl 120 (1050mm x 400mm). cat no 159201. Includes immersion, fittings and second hot water take off. Big enough for 2 bath property ;)

Don't worry, I've already got that one down on the list from your previous suggestion - just being thorough! :D

I see there's not much information on it, or even a picture on the website do you know where I can find out more?

Sponsored Links
Plumb Center Center Cyl 120 (1050mm x 400mm). cat no 159201. Includes immersion, fittings and second hot water take off. Big enough for 2 bath property

Good value for money have used a few 120 and 85 model. Compact, quick recovery and well insulated. Only small complaint is you can't install a surrey/warix flange on the 85 and it doesn't have the extra tapping like the 120.

The CenterCyl 120 gets 2 votes and nothing else appears on the radar yet!
It does look good value and spec and I've been shopping around - the "better" higher perfomance cylinders listed by Albion and Range etc just aren't stocked anywhere, it's all standard BSI/economy stuff.

The only other one I've seen of interest so far is the Albion superduty which looks good but carries a price premium which, without data is impossible to compare against the CenterCyl - plus it doesn't have the extra tapping OR immersion.

The Range Ultracal also seems to fit the bill but I cannot find a single stockist!

It looks like it might be an easy one horse race type win for the CenterCyl 120 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back