Google street view

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spark123, 11 Mar 2010.

1. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Norcon, contact Google expressing your concerns and ask if there is a way to either remove those images you deem 'sensitive' or blur them out so you can't see any details.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Blasphemous

Blasphemous

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. Adrian80

Adrian80

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I contacted google, stating that there pics were a security risk, and asked them to be removed.

I did send the same email repeatedly over a month, and got the neighbours to do the same.

they did remove them eventually.

5. Infidel

Infidel

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes the security aspects are a worry, but you have got to admire the technology and the dedication of google putting it all together for free.
    If it were a sat nav company you'd pay through the nose, and I bet the security agencies and police are taking full advantage of it.

6. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So will surveyors, estate agents etc.
    Why go out to a property when you can look on here and see if its habitable/worth putting up for sale, in a rundown area.....

7. tim west

tim west

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    must paint that fence

8. Steve

Steve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've just been checking out the brickwork on my latest purchase :LOL: A 1920s semi. Zoomed right in!

9. ColJack

ColJack

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    it's fairly recent for ours by the looks.. octoberish..
    the tiler is parked on mom and dad's drive which was some time in october, and there's a styrofoam cup wedged into my fence that's been there since september ( it fills with water and the birdies drink out of it so i left it.. )

10. Sponsored Links
  11. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah right. I'll believe you. :LOL:

12. Steve

Steve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I found the spot where my uncle slid down the hill in front of his house on ice in his van and plouged through the wall at the bottom. New brickwork there :LOL:

13. AndrewSchofield

AndrewSchofield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    But surely theives could just drive or walk up a road themselves and case out properties? Sure, it being on the internet makes it easier for them and reduces the risk of someone seeing them but would you think twice if you passed someone walking up a road? Would you instinctively wonder what they were doing and make a note of what they looked like etc.. just in case?

It could work the other way, with it being out of date. They could see a property which appears to have lax security and decide on that as their target, but when they turn up the owner's have installed security camera's and have a new guard dog since the pictures were taken? I presume these images wont be updated very often?

At first thought i feel a little uneasy that our house is now on it - but i'm not too worried in all honesty - can't see there's too much harm in it.

14. skitzee2k

skitzee2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My father in law was angry that his synagogue was on there just incase it was attacked by muslims....I had to laugh. Like anyone wanting to go to the trouble of blowing it up wouldn't of thought to drive past or walk past themselves.

:)

15. Norcon

Norcon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well my home and property ain't on it. :D
    Just found a local by-road thats not on it either.
    A few years back theives used it for their escape route in the early hours to the border with a 13 ton excavator on a low loader/unit.

Little did they know that about a mile in, a 90 degree left occurs that you can just about get a car and small trailer around.
    They were jammed there until locals and police arrived a few hours later and were caught. Happy Days. :D

16. Not got me, but then they never will!! (It's hard to get within photo distance of an HMP!)

17. empip

empip

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ah but ! Google are not the only picture takers !!

Check out 'Birds Eye'

If you do not appear in Google then you must be worth a sniff to the wrong 'uns - I mean if you ain't 'on' then you may well have stuff to hide ...

No hiding place ... Means no hiding place...

There are others ...

-o-