Greek airline crash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very strange this incident, all crew and passengers found frozen solid, suspected rapid loss of cabin pressure although it looks like oxygen masks were deployed the sudden drop in temperature seems to have knocked out the crew according to early reports, yet two passengers were apparantly seen wrestling with the controls in an attempt to bring the aircraft under control.

Sponsored Links
Would be pretty cool (no pun intended) if some had gone into 'hibernation' and could be thawed out and brought back to life.

How long would it take to freeze a human body? Can only sumise that they all passed out and then froze to death. :eek:

they all go through preventive maintenace or do they there was a program on the telly a while back that showed the airlines complying with this service type schedule but

but the parts there where taken off where sold not scrapped or refurbished they where sold to third world airlines = DANGER

Sponsored Links
nstreet said:
How long would it take to freeze a human body? Can only sumise that they all passed out and then froze to death. :eek:

depends on the tempreature.... ever seen the day after tomorrow?

Well i had a flying lesson once for a xmas present--brilliant would recomend it to anyone.

The pilot told me it was -10 outside when we were at 3500ft and this was in April at Cosford nr Wolverhampton

Freddie
how did you go on with the controls is it like IL-2 Sturmovik Computer Game?

except without shooting down allied planes mind

Several hours in this type, '75, final hours of flight testing.
Noise tests over the Severn Bridge ... low Northerly approach over Severn with undercarriage warning klaxon blaring - oooer !!

G3769.jpg

My friend did an 'around the coast' of mainland UK, the next w/end, I think he shot about 10 rolls of irreplaceable photos
;)

Moz said:
Freddie
how did you go on with the controls is it like IL-2 Sturmovik Computer Game?

except without shooting down allied planes mind

True Story...........

I have never flown before and never fancied it.

My miss's being kind of sick decided to get me a flying lesson for xmas, but it took me months to pluck up the courage.

I gets in this plastic pig reliant robin three wheeler called a Cesna and he started it up and the thing shook to bits with the bonnet starting to flap up and down.

The pilot said no worries i was just doing some maintenance and need a drop of oil, i thought he was winding me up, but we travel to a shed and he stops gets out and pulls out a dipstick from under the bonnet----by this time i am getting really worried.

Anyway we take off and i watch what he is doing but cant understand a word he says except we will climb to 3000ft.

On the way up the rattle on my left gets worse and i discover the door is open, so i tug the pilot who says oh i thought i had fixed that, just give it a good slam to :eek:

We gets to 3000ft and he says you take over and to be honest it is just like on the films so easy so basic but it was like travelling over a rocky road so we climbed higher and it was a lot smoother.

I did everything except put the engine at the correct revs, it is that simple and i think i impressed him except when we were coming into land i let go of the controls thinking he was taking over, this kind of shocked him and he lost his rag a bit by the way we landed and shot over to the parking lot.

All i can say it is a fantastic experience and would reccomend it to anybody, i wish i had the money to pass my licence and buy my own plane

Flying is indeed great fun! Landing is by far the most difficult part of flying anything, so if you are actually up there to start with, it's pretty easy.

There is one thing that makes me wonder about this incident though... the guy who sent a text message... What if it was his mobile interfering with the plane that started it all? :eek:

Sorry, probably too soon to be making bad taste remarks... :confused:

Of course chaps, there will not be many of us actually been up front in a passenger jet (not many seats lots of recording kit) actually flying other than straight and level ... It is quite exciting, and given the forward view with thankfully a visible horizon not uncomfortable at all ... Even the small twin jet suddenly, after a slight pause and extra noise, gives one a fair old shove as the throttles are opened quite quickly ... The Severn bridge lengthens at a fair old pace as you approach at low level and 200 odd knots... what an experience !! Soaring over the English tower simulating take off noise for the tests..
:eek: :eek:

Just to add to the original topic, a work colleague who's wife is Cypriot mentioned to me that his missus travelled recently on one of the Helios aircraft and she was bitterly cold to the point of being freezing cold.
Makes you wonder.

Freddie
"we will climb to 3000ft.

On the way up the rattle on my left gets worse and i discover the door is open, so i tug the pilot who says oh i thought i had fixed that, just give it a good slam to "

omFg.....lol

Im a very nervous flyer but Im great on a PC with joystick....has anyone done a Real World helicopter flight ??????????

Moz said:
Freddie
"we will climb to 3000ft.

On the way up the rattle on my left gets worse and i discover the door is open, so i tug the pilot who says oh i thought i had fixed that, just give it a good slam to "

omFg.....lol

Im a very nervous flyer but Im great on a PC with joystick....has anyone done a Real World helicopter flight ??????????
Is that software or are you actually asking about the real world?

Sponsored Links
Back