Grout/Tile adhesive removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having done a pretty good 1st job at laying ceramic floor tiles I grouted said tiles as per instructions and wiped with a damp sponge. Then, left to dry for an hour before re-cleaning only to find that the residue had stuck to the surface. Are there any ways of removing the residue of grout from the tiles?

Sponsored Links
was it cement based grout or epoxy , if epoxy no chance now ....

if cement based ,you must get it off as soon as poss ,it will be a little tougher, but not impossible, to remove excess grout and the haze that are disfiguring your new floor......

Tools
a wooden block an the rough washing up sponges , two buckets/bowls one full of soapy water the other full of very clean water ,

get on hands an knees an rub wood block on big lumps an follow up with soapy sponges ,doing a foot square at a time , then clean with sponge an clean water ,Use old rags or a few paper towels to immediately dry the tiles

hope this helps :)

Great - thanks for the help!! Have given it a go and it's worked a treat. Phew!!

Sponsored Links
Hi i'm a new user. Been searching for a way to do this as I left EvoStik Ceramic Concrete adhesive to the floor and it went like rock.

Your advice was spot on as it didn't make any scratches on the tiles and they buffed up really well.

Thank you very much Moz. Nice darts!

Had a problem with dried grout on new ceramic tiles, loads of washing didnt remove any. Found using neat white vinegar and wire wool shifted the lot.

Help!! I have some hall tiles that have come up and need to refit. Only problem is i can't remove the old tile adhesive as this appears to be cement based. Is there a product on the market that will remove/loosen this adhesive so i can reuse the tiles????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back