Grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to replace the white grout around my shower as it has seen better days. I have a packet of Unibond water resistant grout in the house but it says add the whole 500g to 175ml of water. Now I wont need that much and yes I can scale down the ammounts if need be.

My question is does anyone know of any ready to use water resistant grout that can be purchased from the normal DIY stores (B@Q, Wickes, Focus etc).

If not I go for the old powder water mix and give it a blast.

Thanks

Russell

Sponsored Links
Just pour the quantity of water you think will be enough (bear in mind that you'll end up with about 3 or 4 times the quantity when you've added the powder) into a container and add some grout to it. Then mix it in until it's smooth. Just keep adding more grout until you get the consistancy right. Should be like peanut butter (the smooth stuff, not the one with lumps in it :D )
I cannot stress enough how much easier it is to mix grout with a paddle in a drill. You can get a small paddle for about £3 from a buiders merchants.

Never use pre mixed grout - it's garbage.

Gcol

p.s. my 2p worth, I won't use Unibond powdered grout either - I always use Dunlop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back