grouting query pls..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone tell me why my grout as dried leaving little bubbles and very fine hair-line cracks in it.Its a ready mix from evo-stick...thank you.

Sponsored Links
Did you follow the manufacturers instructions?

It sounds to me,like you could have made the grouting to wet when you mixed it.

If you did everything correctly, I suggest contacting them!

ermm janitor it was ready mixed.
Was it a combined grout and adhesive? They always seem to do that and its a nightmare to get off the tile surface, go get some powdered grout, mix it up and go over it again.

The problem with ready mix type is people start using it straight away from the top of the lid.
You should always mix the ready mix as well :!: because the heavy density of the product go to the bottom of the tub therefore leaving liquid on top and I think this is why it air bubbles and cracked because of a weak mix.

Sponsored Links
masona that would make sense the first and only time I used it the grouting at the start was far worse than the grouting at the end

Definatly go for a powdered grout, if your joints are over 4mm wide then use a "widejoint" grout.

Jason

Gino - you have to make sure the gap between the tiles is fully filled with grout. If you skim over the gap then it looks OK, but as the grout dries it shrinks down and can crack / give an uneven surface. I've just used the same stuff (white container with red lid ?) on my bathroom with no problems

Good luck with it,

Mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back