Grrrrrrr!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else experienced the loss of sometimes ten minutes or more typing a reply only for it all to wipe clean in the reply window when you click on a smiley? I always make sure the cursor is at the end of the text first, even tried a space before hand, the latest post it happened 3 times! really frustrating, considering not using them in future but they are useful in showing when you are trying to have a bit of a banter or are serious in your replies. perhaps the mods could answer what the problem may be?

Sponsored Links
I have learnt that if it takes a long time to type (& I only use 2 fingers, so it does) then I cut & paste into a word.doc then if it gets lost I am not retyping.

I recently replaced my lap top and the new one as a touch pad. I really struggled at first and kept losing everything.

It took me a while to realise I had to press the forward arrow rather than the back arrow to retrieve, which seems odd to me. But then I'm hopeless on computers!

Sponsored Links
This happened to me using Internet Explorer but since switching to Firefox it has cured.
IE has been the subject of too many hacker weaknesses of late anyway.

Happens frequently, especially in edit mode. Don't use smilies much as a result.

(There's also some really irritating pop-up ads which sit about half way down the window for 15 seconds making it impossible to do anything until it's gone. Not to mention the delayed refresh of the screen about 5 seconds after the page is displayed, which removes the words I've just typed).

When finished typing, select all and press Ctrl c ... thus copying all you have written .... if anything then goes wrong, get new post window and Ctrl v to paste the words in .... like a little back-up really ... useful if you have forgotten to 'log in' before typing. :confused:

Strange ... FireFox and Opera do not behave as well as Ie6 on this site with my m/c ..... In Ie6 if I select some text and click on. for example the bold button, the tags are inserted at beginning and end of highlighted text ... FF and Opera plonk the tags .. one per click at the end of typed text ... :confused:

Back