Grunfos UPE15 Electronic V's Alpha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any one know the difference apart from price probably and the former having an optional remote controller ?.
When it comes to proportional pressure everyone recommends the alpha auto variable speed pump but it seems the UPE15 has the same capabilities and then some. :)

Sponsored Links
Likewise I'm interested in the difference - purely academic as becuase the alpha+ near enough is the same price as a standard 15-50, I've already decided to fit one (rather than the UPE). Likewise alpha pro may be cheaper to run but not sure about how long the ROI period will be.

Bigburn said:
Any one know the difference apart from price probably and the former having an optional remote controller ?
Yes. Grundfos knows the difference.

the alpha pro is band A effecient where as the alpha is band b
the alpha pro will save you like 18 quid a year. would still take forever to pay for the energy benifit

Sponsored Links
Mr Banchmark wrote

the alpha pro will save you like 18 quid a year

So if we say this is an 18 percent saving then are you saying a circulator pump costs about £100 per year to run.?

I find the projected saving of £18 difficult to believe.

60W for 12 hours per day would use about 263kWh in a year, at a rough cost of £20.

But what's different about the UPE??

Just been and read the technical documents - UPE has:

Remote control
RS485 communications (for connection to a pump control system)
Fault indicators
Temperature adjust (can configure head to change as temp increases).

So not for your average domestic install!

I think the UPE15 has a combined pressure and temperature sensor.

My MI's state that the differential pressure is sensed through pressure variations and constant or proportional control can be selected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back