Guttering Design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are just about to commence building an adjoining garage onto the side of our house which will cover our driveway. Because of the limited space available we wish to build on the boundary between ourselves and neighbour, for which he has given us permission. Our builder however informs us that this wont be possible as the guttering will hang over the neighbours driveway. Does anyone know of any design we could use which would mean we could build on the boundary and still have effective guttering? :?:

Sponsored Links
could you not put the down pipe on your side? or is there guttering required on your neighbours side.

Also it sounds "risky" building on the boundry even with your neighbours O.K. suppose he moves out or changes his mind.

you could offer to buy the extra bit of land and have the deeds changed

does your garage have a flat roof??
if it does you could have it fall in a different direction so that the gutter is on your property.

if its a pitched tile roof on a single skin wall i think you will have to set the wall in 100mm or so.

if its a 225mm wall or larger you could have the roof pitched on the inside skin and the gutter could sit over the outside brickwork.

aleks

Sponsored Links
I agrees with breezers post...My friend recently bought a house and discovered that her back garden (and a large one at that!) has a wall that is built 6" inside her boundry. She is now taking steps to regain her 6" back which we all think is rather ridiculous but some people are just like that. I would certainly have a long think about this and look into what he suggested, you never know she might be your future neighbour and want the whole thing knocked down!!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back